JOB OPPORTUNITY 10 October 2018
Studio assistant – ISEN Workshop/Hartley Cycles
London, United Kingdom
Part time: 2-3 days a week, with flexible working hours available.
Beginning Nov 2018 start. Based in Mitcham, South London CR4 3HG.
ISEN Workshop and Hartley Cycles are sister companies that manufacture high-end steel bicycles in South London. We a small team and are passionate about creating the best possible bikes for our customers. This is an exciting time for both companies with the recent move to a new workspace, and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to get onboard at this influential and early stage of a blossoming company.
We are looking for a part-time assistant to help with the day-to-day administration of the studio; an enthusiastic person who we can trust to take the lead with the varied administrative tasks required. The position requires someone who is efficient, naturally well organised and with good written and verbal communication skills. The role is varied in its requirements, from customer relations and marketing to operations and web administration. This role would suit some one who has administration and/or project management experience and an interest in bikes and cycling.
• Communication: email correspondence and telephone - maintaining relationships with clients, press, galleries, retailers & suppliers.
• Administration: diary management, ordering components and workshop supplies, booking transport.
• Implementing systems for the smooth running of the studio.
• Packing and shipping frames and bikes.
• Organising image files and documents.
• Updating website with new bikes, projects and products.
• Finance: writing and paying invoices, price checking and building quotes, logging payments and sales, day to day banking, (can provide training if required).
• Sales: liaising with customers about their builds, helping them to make decisions about frame and component choices.
• Project managing customer builds.
• Press and marketing: responding to press enquiries, resizing images, writing copy for interviews, press releases, seasonal newsletter, social media updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Applications: funding, competitions, trade accounts, insurance etc.
• Research: occasional commission/project research (bike components, materials, history)
• Please note: This is not a frame building position.
• Communication: clear and confident verbal and written communication.
• Organisation: able to prioritise tasks and bring an efficient and logical structure to work.
• Resourceful: able to take on tasks in unknown areas and learn on the go.
• Quick learner: able to learn in depth information about our bikes and components and relay product information confidently and succinctly to customers. (Product knowledge training will be provided if necessary.)
• Computer literate: proficient Google Drive, Gmail,
• Numerate: able to record financial information clearly and accurately. (Though no in depth accounting knowledge or experience required.)
• Knowledge and interest in bikes and cycling
• Experience working in the bicycle industry.
• Interest and enthusiasm for Bicycle design and craft. Some knowledge of materials and processes desirable though not necessary.
• Knowledge of bicycle components and mechanics.
• Social Media and digital marketing.
• Event organisation.
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
• Access to your own laptop device would be a bonus
Hours and pay:
• 2 – 3 days a week, permanent (with a two month probation period)
• Flexible with working days and hours and will consider working day structure to fit around childcare/school run etc.
• Opportunity for the role to grow with the needs of the company.
• Pay is open to discussion, dependant on experience.
Please email CV and covering letter about why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday 26th October 2018, stating ‘Studio Assistant Job Application’ in the subject line. Please note we will start interviewing suitable candidates as we receive applications.